Visit the world's largest civilian hospital ship
Come aboard the Global Mercy in Tenerife in August 2023
August 2023: Visit the Global Mercy in Tenerife
Visit the world’s largest civilian hospital ship in Tenerife!
On August 4th and 5th, 2023, the Global Mercy will open its doors at Puerto de Granadilla, Tenerife.
If you are on vacation in Tenerife at that time or wish to make your own way there, our volunteer crew will be delighted to show you around our hospital ship, fresh from its first mission in Senegal!
Please note that the visit will be conducted in English whenever possible, and depending on the number of visitors, we will try to arrange for French and German translation.
- Boarding between 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM and gathering in the Guest Lounge (Deck 11).
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM Welcome and refreshments
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM Short presentations and Q&A
- 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM Ship tour
- 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM Conclusion of the visit 5:30 PM Dinner in the dining room and interaction with the crew
- 6:45 PM Closing of the visit in the Guest Area of the dining room
- 7:00 PM Departure and photo opportunity at the bow of the Global Mercy
Covid-19 Requirements to protect our crew and ensure the smooth operation of ship maintenance:
- No restrictions for vaccinated individuals (proof required).
- For unvaccinated individuals, a negative antigen test taken within the last 24 hours is required, and wearing a mask is mandatory onboard at all times.
Please fill out this form to express your interest in visiting the ship. In the “comment” section, please indicate your preferred date between August 4th and 5th, 2023.
Humanitarian field service in Sierra Leone The next chapter for Mercy Ships and the hospital ship, the Global Mercy! Over the course of the field service in Sierra Leone, Mercy
One Port Visited, Two Nations Served Mercy Ships Ends an Impactful Season in Senegal Mercy Ships has been operating in Senegal for several months with the Global Mercy™, is getting
Looking Back and Dreaming of the Future 45 years ago, Don and Deyon Stephens had a dream of converting a ship into a floating hospital to bring safe, free surgical
Dr. Polle-Kaliti is the sole female fistula surgeon in Kenya — one of only 11 in total.